Recipe: Cheddar Bacon Burger topped with Truffle Mushrooms
Perhaps it is my East Coast upbringing, but my conscience is peppered with my “Should” list.
- I should floss more.
- I should swear less.
- I should call my Grandmother more.
- I should drink less.
The list goes on and on, and let me tell you…it is f*cking exhausting (see…there goes bullet #2).
Also on the list is that I “should” take public transportation more, and furthering my commitment to being more eco-friendly, I “should” eat less meat.
At this moment you’re probably thinking this is going to be a recipe for kale muffins, or radish soup. Let me tell you…it is not.
This is a recipe for the most sinful, most delicious, and generally most awesome burger you “should” ever eat.
Forget the idea of cooking a burger and then topping it with bacon and cheddar. Those more advanced might think they’re clever by making a little cave in the middle and hiding the naughty goodies there. I’m here to tell you there’s something better…Cheddar Bacon Burgers topped with Truffle Mushrooms.
You buy the best ground chuck you can afford, into it you mix the best bacon you can find, and furthermore you add the best cheese in town. This is then formed into dense little patties of pure ecstasy and grilled to utter perfection.
No you “shouldn’t” eat these every night and you definitely “should” be nicer to your neighbors, but in the meantime, I highly encourage this. You’ll be glad I did.
Cheddar Bacon Burgers topped with Truffle Mushrooms
This is wildly rich, so resist the inclination to pair it with a big red and instead go with a sophisticated rose.
1/2 lb bacon
2 cups sharp cheddar, cubed
1 lb ground sirloin chuck (you can ask your butcher to do it, or do it at home if you have a meat attachment for your KitchenAid)
4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
4 buns, toasted
2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 TB truffle oil
Desired toppings (Mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc)
- Preheat grill to high, and get grates as clean as possible.
- Partially cook the bacon, until fat is released and it turns pink. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Meanwhile, over low heat saute the mushrooms in the truffle oil until liquid is released and evaporated and mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Mix the chuck, bacon, and cheddar until well combined and form into four patties. Give each a shake of worcestershire
- Add the burgers to your grill and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, pending on thickness and desired doneness. Note: The bacon will make it look a bit pinker than it actually is, and the cheese will cause it to be a bit smokier and stickier than you’re used to. This is okay…it is worth it.
- Remove from grill, put on buns, add truffle mushrooms, and assorted toppings, and enjoy ignoring your “should” list for the evening.
Category 15-Minute-Meals, Comfort Foods, Mains, Uncategorized | Tags: adding bacon and cheddar to ground beef, cheddar bacon burgers, how to make a meathouse cheddar bacon burger, how to make the ultimate burger, truffle mushrooms